The week prior to the gathering, from the 23rd to the 29th of August, a number of activities, debates, and visits to social organisations and recuperated companies shall be taking place in Buenos Aires. The activities are optional, and shall be in Spanish, with the possibility for translation to and from English for anyone who should be in need.
We recommend you register for the activities, to register in advance if you are interested in participating, since some require organizing transport or allow only a limited number of participants. You may do so by filling out the specific form (filling out this form you may also make a reservation for transport to and from the city of Buenos Aires to Pigué, where the second part of the meeting shall be taking place).
The form is only referred to the days in Buenos Aires. If you have any trouble filling out the form, or any special need, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is possible to sign up for the previous activities until August 20th.
We are still updating this program
- 10 am: Visit to Coop. Gráfica Campichuelo (recuperated printing house). Caballito neighbourhood.
- 12 am: Visit to Gcoop
10 am: Visit to the ex ESMA
- 1.30 pm.: Lunch in the recuperated pizzeria La Casona (Microcentro, Corrientes y Maipú)
- 3 pm: Ronda de las Madres de Plaza de Mayo
- 9 pm: Dinner in the recuperated restaurant Los Chanchitos *
- 10 am to 3 pm: “Technological innovation for waste management from grassroots organizations: better that the market, more creative than the Science, with the audacity that public policy lacks”. Activity Reciclando Sueños (La Matanza area)**
- 2 pm to 7 pm: Workshops on selfmanagement movement and worker recuperation of companies in Argentina (Centro Cultural de la Cooperación)
- 8 pm: Visit to the Bachillerato Popular Darío Santillán of Constitución
- 10 am to 2 pm: Visit to the Cooperativa de Autoconstrucción de viviendas (selfmanaged and selfbuilt housing cooperative) – Ezpeleta Area***
- 5 pm: Debate with international experiences (Cooperativa La Cacerola)
- 11 am: “The right to work in pubblic space: new forms of unionist organisation”. Visit to the cooperative “El Adoquin” (Confederación de Trabajadores de la Economía Popular/CTEP) – Calle Defensa, San Telmo
- 1 pm: Lunch at the recuperated restaurant Alé Alé
- 10 am: Visit to the Cooperativa Chilavert (Recuperated Printing house, Documentation Center of the Facultad Abierta Program, and Cultural Center)
- 10 am to 11.30 am: Visit to the Centro Cultural de la Cooperación “Floreal Gorini”, with a short speach on the Credit Coperative Movement, that it rooted form.
- 2 pm: Visit to the Centro Cultural de la Cooperación “Floreal Gorini”, with a short speach on the Credit Coperative Movement, that it rooted form.
- 11 am.: Visit to the Cooperativa Consol (Consumo Solidario)
- 13 am.: Visit to the Cooperativa Social La Huella (Hospital Borda)
*Maximum number of people: 25
**Maximum number of people: 50. We strongly recommend registration, in order to facilitate planning activities and transport.
***Maximum number of people: 15, we strongly recommend registration, in order to facilitate planning activities and transport.
****We strongly recommend registration, in order to facilitate planning activities and transport.